I know holiday season in US and UK are still few weeks away but here in India the leaves and holiday are in full swing. Starting from ganesh chaturthi (the Indian festival for the god of all things good) till holi (the Indian festival of colors), we indians are found in festive mood. so to continuing with the tradition i am off to my parent land for Diwali (The Indian festival of light). See you guys at the other side of my vacation. Till than stay happy the way u are or keep on cribing on your crappy life.. BTW its a 2 week vacation for me.. 🙂
A quick poll, How many of you have a got a call/message/text/chat request from someone who knew everything about you? On the other hand you don’t know anything about the person on the other side of the line! I know most of you will say “I have got one the other day” or “Me too” or “Damn those marketing calls”. If you are thinking of marketing calls than please stop there and think again. Marketing Calls don’t count. I don’t know if I am too sexy for pants or too dumb to live on this earth that I get calls from totally unknown people wanting to talk to me.
Here are some of the real life incident which involves me and a certain someone (Pun intended)
It was during my college days that I got a missed call around 12 O’clock at night. I being a inquisitive type thought of giving in return call err missed call but being a gentleman that I am i ended up sending a message “Who is dis?”. “Is this Santosh? I am XYZ and you don’t know me” was the reply. The first thought was it must be one of my friend who has changed his number and playing prank. So I played along. Next day I got a call from the same number and to my horror it was a girl’s voice. As it turned out she knew everything bout me as to the area I lived, the college I went to, the semester I was in, the branch I had, Even my flat mate’s name. That was seriously good stuff. I tried to find about this person but wasn’t able to find anything. I asked her repeteadly who is she but it turned out she is not ready not give out her details. So me being the angry one passed that number to all my friends and behold the power of free message the number was bombarded with SMS bombs and the after 2 hours the unknown number and sender both were out of my life. For the some inquisitive one I still remember that number. It was 98860-78901. Please don’t call this number.
This was also during my college days. I got a mail from a lady (supposedly) in Chennai, studying Psychology and wanted me to become her subject. She used to send me questions and I used to answer it for her. Though we never talked but that was fun. And after few of those sessions the mails stopped and here I was alone and without any trace of my again.
And this one was also during college. I used to frequent to Yahoo Chat Rooms. There I met loads of friends. They knew about me and I knew about them. I had their number and they had mine. We knew each other by our real name and not by Yahoo Handle, Mine used to be friends_4eeever (the id is no longer functioning). There I she met me. I thought another crank user using some voice modulation software. But I got a call on my mobile and there we were talking. But as it turns out this lady was identity shy and even after loads of cajoling she just said I want my privacy and won’t divulge any information which will tell the world who I am.
This happened around 2 weeks back. It was 9 A.M. in the morning. I was sound sleep. For unknown my office timing is from 9:30 A.M. to 06:30 P.M. I was jolted out of my sleep by this call. Here is the transcript.
Me : Hello? (Its better be good cos you have disturbed my sleep)
Caller : hello! Who is this?
Me: (Ah. this is good.) You called tell me who do u want?
Caller: I got a miss call from your number.
Caller: Yesterday evening around 5.
Me: (Now you got time to call and ask who am I?) I never gave you any call. Tell me what do you want? Else I am disconnecting the call. I am still half asleep and need to get ready for office.
Caller: Is this Santosh from Bhubneswar.
Me: Santosh Yes but not from bhubneswar
Caller: Ok now guess who I am?
Me: (Some crank caller who is pissing me off.) Look buddy I don’t have time for such game. I am already running late for office.
Caller: Ok than will talk to you later.
Till today I am waiting for that call.
Just a few days before the above mentioned call. I got a message on GTalk stating that someone has clicked on the chatback badge, Click here to talk to the guest. So I started the chat. It was one of my blog reader. And there was demand for a new post. The last post was a the post asked for. I asked the person as identity cos it feels good to know who is at the other end of line. But again I got was that the person is a doing MBA from delhi and knows me through my blogs and won’t tell me anything else.
Those who want to know what is the “chat back badge.” Just look right where it says “Talk to Santosh Kumar” it’s the chat back badge. Use it to talk to me. Though sometimes you have try 3-4 time before we can get connected.
Now the request:-
To my friends -> if it’s you guys be-aware.
To my readers -> I hate anonymous people so do let me know who are you. I am still a inquisitive fellow and love to know more about my readers.
To other -> Buzz Off. I don’t give a Damn.
And the final question. Why me? any one who can answer that.
Prelude: I have been asked by one of my few readers to write about “My take on life” so here you go my “Anonymous Reader.” 🙂
For most of you know I was born in a small village in Bihar (we are yet to get a broadband connection in there). Have done primary schooling from Patna, High school from Dehra Dun and Engineering from Bangalore. Presently working for peanut at a software company in Bangalore.
I have tried to take life really seriously and always thought what to do about it. For instance the time when I finished my class 12 (Yes I used to wear school dress and was still a virgin from the thing called college), I knew that I will do something in Computers but what to do was the question. Some of the option I had were doing LEVEL ‘C’ course from DOEACC or a B.S.C. in Computers if any college’s form is available after my results are declared.
The above story gives us 2 lessons.
- Lesson 1. Always have a back up plan, No matter how obscure it is. (Like Doing DOEACC in my case)
- Lesson 2. Chances are there that you will chose a plan which is not in the list (I have done Engineering)
Let me tell you guys another story. During the final year in college days days (don’t i sound like some old learned dork, Though old and dork are true I am still skeptical about learned), it was the time of final project demo to the college. As the chance had our Head of Dept. was there. During our demo he started to screw with us by telling other lecturers that he has already seen project made by us in his previous college. At last i lost my patients and gave him a earful. The result we were allotted the least marks among the group.
Lessons Learnt were
- Lesson 1. Boss is always right
- Lesson 2. If accused, never ever tell the truth and make sure that the other person cant find the truth.
Now comes my last experience in the list. During my first year at my first job. The V. P. (Technical) of my company caught me surfing Orkut. At that time orkut was blocked in my organization. There were meeting and talk and discussion. All filled with accusation and counter accusations. On my part I defended myself by using the terms like lack of motivation, organizational behavior and interpersonal communication (in short all the crap what was fed to me during induction). The final effect, I was fed the crap once more and relived of duties for not including those crap during my stay at the company.
- Lesson 1. Never use the tricks on the teacher who taught them.
- Lesson 2. Study the environment before you do anything stupid. (Had i have seen the VP coming my screen would have shown c++ code other than orkut)
Its 2.30 A.M. in india and there is no electricity in my area. Those who are familiar with bangalore, I stay in koramangala. So if you are planning to shift here than better stay where ever you are.
Just for the records, I am done with two of my interviews for MBA, as you have come to know from last post. There is another one on 30th of this month. I would be needing all the luck to crack this one. cos its the toughest interview & best college that i have been called from.typed on mobile during power cut.
Disclaimer: This post may go to long. So if you don’t have anything do, just like me, then you are welcome to pass your time here :).
I think there are less than 2 readers at present who come and visit this ever dying website. And the hope taken even deeper plunge that after this post the number will reduce to 1.
So here is the run down of the events of last one month or so.
Let start from January End.
1. I started my night shift. Yes it was the last thing they could have done. I was asked to come to office at 12 and leave by 8 in the morning so none of my team mate could meet. In true worlds of my manager “Without you in the office the whole team’s productivity increase many fold. I never knew that just by reducing 8 men hours (that is mine) I could get extra productivity of 40 men hours.”
2. Around the same time XAT (XLRI Aptitude Test) score were declared. And your truly score a mere 97.06 Percentile in that. For those unknown XAT is entrance exam for the one some of the best B-Schools in India. Yes, I am planning to get a degree in Ymmm Bee Aye.
3. Left my last room which I shared with my class mates and shifted with a colleague. Reason of leaving None!!
Some time in Feb
1. Got a call for college interview from the best place in India, GOA (Institute of Management). Yeah. Party time!! I was so drunk that forgot the close the door of the house. The next morning I had lost 2 phones total worth 17,000 INR. Yeah GOA did it to me. Again. This was the 4th and 5th mobile and 4th theft.
2. Started the regular office shift.
3. Went for the Interview for GIM. Screwed it up big time. Yeah. Again. Bloody Incompatibility.
4. My roomie was sent on exile to Nigeria. Why the heck he was so happy going to such a place. Green Paper still rocks.
5. Got another interview call form worst place to go, Chennai. Interview on 12th March. More updates soon.
6. Was down with cold and Fever so no Holi this year. And no booze too.
Now in March
1. One of my friend’s Friend called, “Hey Santosh me at Airport. I am off to Canada for 11 months. My company is sending me. See you after that.” Bloody Green Paper.
2. Got another Interview call from 2nd Place in India. Mumbai. (NMIMS, the best call). Will in Mumbai for the interview in the month end. IF you are in Mumbai than meet you there!!