People ‘shop’ when there is a ‘need’ but do excessive shopping to spend money or to repair a broken heart.
When I look back , I find that, i don’t fall in any of these categories. The shopping was done because it was needed but what I shopped for was more than the need! For eg. instead of 2 shirts that i needed i bought 4 because i liked them. If you remember my Last Post I had done lots of shopping. I am yet to find out if they were excessive or not.
So here is the experience i gained from my shopping spree for last few months
- If you find a “single piece” item “without price tag” (which you like) in a mega store(like shoppers stop, lifestyle etc.) try to bargain with the guy who is showing you the item and chances are that you will get it cheaper than the item’s original price.
- By any chance the sale person tell you the correct price take that item to billing counter and chances are that the billing person will bill you less than what the price is.
- When you leave the counter make sure to check your bill, the billing guys always bill for more than what you have bought
- Don’t buy anything in rush. You will either pay more, buy costly item, get some defective item, get cloths that don’t fit or end up leaving your card/cash at the shop.
- Don’t ever utter the price of item while its being billed. chances are that it will be billed wrong. (vary rarely)
- If you are buying anything online make sure to read the T&C of the offer. Chances are that you will not get the offer because you forgot to click the small red button on the page where it said “You are done, Click next to continue!” without ever mentioning anything about the red button.
- When buying alcohol ask the price before hand. Chances are that the price quoted will be more than the MRP.
- If your next door Kiranawala (Grocery Store) return the change more than what he should have. Tell him and give the money back. You will surely get extra attention every time you visit. 🙂
- Never ever listen to a sales person who talks too smooth. He will sell you the worst item in the store.
This is out of my personal experience. here are the instance when it happened.
- Bought a Louis Phillippe for 1200 the MRP i later found out was 1700.
- Bought 4 shirts of Peter England for 1200 in buy 1 get 1 offer. 3 shirts were for 600 and one (tag-less for 800)
- Paid 1600 for a 1500 Louis Phillippe trouser.
- Paid 300 extra for a top because saw the cost of smaller size top.
- The tag price for the deo was 120 but was billed as 1200
- I missed the gift because i selected the same gift where the rule was “The buyer has to select different gift for each purchase”
- I paid 1000 rupees for a bottle of VAT69 priced at 900
- Its common sense.
- I bought a polyester trouser for 1300 because the sales guy was too smooth.
so stop laughing at my plight and tell me any more tip that you have.
The Title speaks of its self. If you are any of my roomies than you can comment and vouch for the same else read on!!
If you remember my year started without a bang and buzz. As the year evolves i find my self getting more and more busy but i do got a fair share of happiness. Including new job, a nephew and lots of work at office (Yeah i love working).
So there was shopping mostly for booze because i was sad that the year started bad and then it was more booze because it getting better. The extent of drinking can be measured by the fact that i am alone at home at 6 PM IST and I have glass of whisky on the rocks. Now a Question arises have i been turning into a compulsive drinker? I would say bull shit. Drink 2+ liters of water at one go and you will have the same sensation that of the after a few drink. So essentially we all are a compulsive drinker the difference is what we drink!!
So here i am thinking what to do about it and I got another idea. Go shopping!! So in the last 3 months i have shopped for— Hold-Your-Breath just a little over 0.75 Lakh rupees. Ladies you will love me for this :). Most of the shopping were for a change of wardrobe, few necessities including a brand new iPod Touch (16Gb Version), a washing machine and some jsut waste of money like a change of my 5 years old undie.
but the final result is that after seeing those bill i am back to my room drinking some more and thinking what have i done!! So you see shopping didn’t help in my drinking drive :(. Guys! any new ideas?
This year i got loads of things on my birthday including a Hefty Bill (for the party given), lots of birthday bumps and A good news.
Well the good news was a surprise for me. The reasons can be anything ranging from My ignorance, my non-commitment towards personal life or my boring self. No i am not getting married (still !). My sister gave birth to a baby boy on the same day i was born. that makes a Mamu (not the one used for policeman or fools) but a real mama. It called for double celebrations. For those who have not sent the money as birthday gift go ahead and send them. I know for sure of 3 (hopefully single) ladies who want to come and see my nephew. but my nephew has just told me that mama i will only meet mami. and till you don’t get married i will meet just your girl friends. So you ladies out there you must have got the drift 🙂 .
jokes apart i will try to put the pic as soon as possible.
Ancle, unty, bhaiya aul meli sari gul flend kal mela Happy Birthday To you hai. Aap log jalul se ana aul bahut sale gifts lana. I would have invited you people for my birthday in the way above had I been a kid of of 4years. (the girl friend part was added to show that i am still single. and becoming my GF will be one of the gifts you girls out there can give me) but neither i am a kid nor a 4year old. So its a quick reminder that I celebrate my 26th year of incarnation on “29th may” (again).
I seldom got to celebrate my birthday with friends for the reason all my b. days came during summer vacations. Now i dont get to celebrate my birthday because we dont have a vacation from work. If you guys wanna throw me party my number is listed http://blog.krishnausha.com/about/ or drop me mail or comment i will call you back to know the address of the party. Those who wish to send gift please send them via “online money transfer” to my bank account. (details will be provided on request)
Thursday was one of the bad hair day for me. Nah it was not my hairs. I dont have any of them to have a bad hair day with hairs.
It was something more grave. I had given my cloths to the washer man on Monday to iron them but till Wednesday he wasn’t done. So i had to take out my lone clean trouser. A Scullers Trouser which was bought Sunday and got on Wednesday after alteration. (The details here are worth remembering for future reference 🙂 )
So i donned in a brand new cloths leave for office. Hailed a auto with whom had a discussion (read had to haggle) about the charges. Reached safely to office. and while getting down i heard a faint sound. As i turn around i find a piece of my trouser is left on the auto. As i turn around everyone has a Big-Fat-Grin except Me. Now i had just 2 options
First Go back home and change
Two Stay at office with a extra hole on my back side. That’s what my colleagues called it when I reached office.
The first option was rejected outright. For I dont have anything washed and ironed at home. Second I was already 30 minutes late for office. So it was Out-Shirt (untucked). It was so obivios that half of my office knew what i been through.
It was so obivious that when I was bent down to work on one my colleagues system. My PM comes from behind and says “Santosh don’t bend too much people may take Advantage.”
Now those who read this let me know who should i blame?
The washerman, who was late in ironing my cloths.
The auto guy for not keeping his nails in in control.
The trouser manufactrer (Scullers) for not using strong cloth.
My own compnay who askes every employee to wear formals from monday to thrusday.