For those who don’t know what does the above word means than please come to Bangalore by an aeroplane and you will hit on the face by the new bug taken over the city. Confusing!! It’s was the biggest news after the Karnatka Elections, Metro, Road Jam, Night Life (which ends at 11PM sharp).
I am talking about the new Bangaluru International Airport Limited. The airport was scheduled to be kick off on 29th of march but took its flight on 24th of may, full 2 month after the schedule. It was not because that there were some delay in completing the project but it was the breaucacy which marred the inaugration of the airport.
I was there at the airport on 25th may. The second day after the BIAL was officiallly inaugrated and the place was buzzing with people. Here are some of the obsevations i had when i was standing outside the great entrance door. (i am yet to pass throught them..)
- There is lots of empty space to stand and wait for the people. At the old airport people had to stand in rain/sun while waiting for the people they have come to receive
- You can actually have something to eat as there are few shops just outside the airport. including subway, baskin robins, katti zone and some chat shop. (Price just to pinch youa bit. Nothing much)
- They have forgotten sitting for peoplestanding outside.
- Cleaing would be an issue they have got these huge cleaing cart but the waste been was bubbling with the litter. They must have some more waste bins.
- This was something i never saw at any airport (or may have not noticed). They have got a weighing machine installed just outside departure gate. In case you are travelling over weight you can always do some last minute changes. Kudos for thinking about this.
- AC VOLVO buses from the airport to some major points in the city.
- No autos allowed. So no more nuicence of fighting with autowala’s. The charge the same as the taxi.
Rest when I visit the airport from inside. which will be soon as i am leaving for my native to meet my parents and eat some mangos and leechi (lyche) on 6th and will be back on 15th night so no blogs till that time.
P.S. -> Will try to post from my native if the dear BSNL dial up allowed me to do the same. 🙂