Caution: If you are neck deep in work than don’t read any further. You might get addicted. I take no responsibility of lack of effort put by you towards work after reading this Post.Few days back i was playing Klueless3. For unknown its a online puzzle run by the IIM Indore, for their annual fest IRIS. It’s a simple game, in which the user to find 30 webpages. Your are given the link to first page and you are off. Each page has got a hint and you have to crack the hints and move onto next page. Not a big deal!! is it?? Well it took me more than 3 jobless weeks to solve it. For more info visit the site. Click here or copy and paste the following link in your browser http://www.iimi-iris.com/iris-2007/irising/klueless3 For those who wanna see my name as the finisher can visit the hall of fame and view my name at number 372. 🙂 Go Ahead and take the challenge!! Best Of Luck. IF you are really screwed and need my help. mail me. i will try to help you with a hint but nothing much..
I have been tagged by one of the reader, renamed from “Honey Bee” to, “Bee, Honey Bee” (a la – Bond, James Bond estyle)
1. Those school prayers where we used o recite Sanskrit shlokas. I still remember studing in Sarasawati Shishu Mandir at my native village where we used to sing “Shanti Path” (peace hymn). It gave internal peace than the prayer sung at my English medium school. Though some of them were at par with the Sanskrit shlokas. Like Rabindra nath thakurs – Where mind is without fear.
2. The times when the whole class was your friend. Those school days where love was what you did to your class teacher than to your classmate. When the person who shared his/her lunch box with you was your best friend. The only difference between a girl and boy was of skirt and shorts
3. I was send to hostel when I was in class 4th (the same way my elder sis and bro were sent off). So I don’t know what does it takes to stay at home and get the love of mom and dad. If given a chance I would love to stay with mom and dad. But if you ask me what I will do with my kid. I will surely send them to hostel
4. Those hormonal effects when you reach middle school. Those crush, proposals and rejections. I was one of those normal guys and so was my crush. IT happened when I was old enough to know more difference between a guy and gal. It was a one sided affair went on for 6 months after that she left the school :).
5. No I can forget the hostel days. So was I. Those friends and those pranks you play and the times you bullied you juniors and times you were bullied. To bunk the hostel walls and go and watch the movies.
6. Those measly pocket money you get every week end. And trips to the Local Guardian’s place on outings days,
7. Coming down to college and a new smell of freedom. Bunking classes were much easier than taking a sick leave.
8. Those weekend birthday parties where booze was an essential item. It was the time when food was surplus and booze was scarce.
9. College never gave the exam blues as much it was in school. The study was the first priority in school days and it become the last when I came down to college. Marks 71% in 10th, 61 in 12th, and 57 in college is a sure shot sign of that.
10. For reasons unknown to me I still miss my school days more than my college days.
You all must be thinking how am I doing? Where the Fcuk I have been? What about my job? Well here are the things I have done and my present status.
I have been traveling a lot after I was chucked off from my last working place. From my last post you all must have deduces that I was in native. From my native I moved on to Bombay to meet my sister and jiju (Brother in Law). I had a train to catch from mumbai to reach my back to Udupi. But I had to settle for a bus travel (because of a wait list ticket) that was to drop me off to Goa. Yes I was in Goa. Even though it was for one hour but I was there. From there a local train ride of 6 hours lands me back to udupi. Just to find me on bed with a very bad throat.
I planned to move to Bangalore in pursuit of a new job. I got a job call from a company, which has kept me on hooks for 2 weeks now. So if your company needs a lousy Mac Developer do let me know. BTW I must thank Shivkumar of U2B.in fame to come to me as my guarding angel. Thanks Shiv you encouraged and supported me at a time when I was down.
I also saw the India a little more than those previous adventures. I was in Jaipur and Delhi strictly on a pleasure trip. I have been to Khatu (my family deity’s temple), Salasar (known for Lord Hanumans) and Jhunjhunu (Known for temples Dedicated to Sati). It was a unique trip in its own. As this was the first my whole family went to our family deity’s temple and knew where we are. The last time we were there together was for my hair donating ceremony. When I was just 2 years old :D.
Jaipur was the place where we all met. Meaning my mom, dad and bro arrived via Delhi, di and jiju from mumbai and myself from b’lore. We were in Hotel Ashok Jaipur and my first impression of the hotel was it looks grand from outside but the rooms are no better than a medium hotel. The reasons can be many including understaffed and lack of renovation after it was built long ago!!
Most of you must be thinking why the post was named when there is nothing bout the kings and fishes. Delhi was the point to disband. I was the first one to leave and take a flight back to Bangalore. It was known as IT207 direct flight from Delhi to Bangalore at 8.45 run by airlines owned by Mr. Vijay Mallaya. It was the first time I was on board of kingfisher airlines owned airplane. Though the airhostesses were the same way dressed as that of the Spice jet. What had me the most impressed the service provided the people. Kudos guys you actually knew how to treat your passengers. The food though a bit cold was better than the other. It had a bowl of salad (I even asked for and extra salad). They have got another customer guy who will fly with them if the fares are within the acceptable limits :).
Long back i had tagged dishan now he has tagged me back to answer few(38 are not few) questions.
1. Name one person who made you laugh last night?
None I am having a bad throat ache due to tonsils.
2. What were you doing at 0800?
Watching some sad serial on TV
3. What were you doing 30 minutes ago?
Checking mails and blogs.
4. What happened to you in 2006?
I joined the company I left recently.
5. What was the last thing you said out loud?
“Shit my throat hurts”
6. How many beverages did you have today?
Half a liter of milk.
7. What color is your hairbrush?
No hair, no hairbrush 🙂
8. What was the last thing you paid for?
9. Where were you last night?
In my room sleeping!
10. What color is your front door?
11. Where do you keep your change?
In my trouser pocket. If it gets full than shift to any box. And then the box transferred to my mom. When I go home!!
12. What’s the weather like today?
13. What’s the best ice-cream flavor?
14. What excites you?
Many things. Including some naughty things!
15. Do you want to cut your hair?
Not now. Had it a few days back!
16. Are you over the age of 25?
17. Do you talk a lot?
Please don’t ask me a question again, I won’t stop talking!!
18. Do you watch the O.C.?
19. Do you know anyone named Steven?
20. Do you make up your own words?
Ya while playing scrabble 🙂
21. Are you a jealous person?
22. Name a friend whose name starts with the letter ‘A’.
Anshu (My roomie during my college days)
23. Name a friend whose name starts with the letter ‘K’.
24. Who’s the first person on your received call list?
From top Jiju and From Bottom Dad 🙂
25. What does the last text message you received say?
Payment made using card from ICICI bank
26. Do you chew on your straw?
I chew on anything if I get bored
27. Do you have curly hair?
28. Where’s the next place you’re going to?
29. Who’s the rudest person in your life?
Ahh!! Many but they are for that particular time.
30. What was the last thing you ate?
Bread with Milk.
31. Will you get married in the future?
Surely in future. But don’t know when it will happen 🙁
32. What’s the best movie you’ve seen in the past 2 weeks?
I saw saawariya and I liked it 🙂
33. Is there anyone you like right now?
Ya! My mom dad (they never said a single thing even when I lost my job.)
34. When was the last time you did the dishes?
35. Are you currently depressed?
Nah. Yah a bit thoughtful though
36. Did you cry today?
Nah. And what for?
37. Why did you answer and post this?
I was getting bored so came down and finished this post 🙂
This is post is being written on a P4 16Ghz, 128MB SDRAM system with a BSNl DialUp. the system is just 5+ years old and is still working like an old but reliable car.
First of all HAPPY DEEPAWALI to you ALL and you family. Hope you have a light and fun filled diwali.
“Bee! Honey Bee” your are right i was sad because cos anyone who has lost a job has got the right to remains sad. BTW this is the first diwali i am home in past 11 years. I am presently doing good.
Happy kitten. I am very much frustrated with my net connection and system so will get back to all the blogs after i return from my native. till than enjoy.
I have made some observations in the past few days. My mom and dad never said anything to me even though they knew i have lost my job. it was me who told gave them the news.
I dont drink tea (most of my people at my home think so) but as i work now so the assumption change to he can drink tea sometimes. 🙂
I dont know how many of ou have traveled by train in india. if you have than you all must have had a cup of hot tea from one of those stall or guys selling tea. But i dont know if you have ever seen a Lemon tea seller on plateform of the station. I have seen and it was the shock of my life as the station was not a metro but is a small district town of bhagalpur in bihar. (for the unknown i love lemon tea the most than comes leaf and than the regular milk sugar thing.) the look of lemon tea made me drink 2 cups of the tea at one go :).